Code of Conduct
Complaint Handling Procedure
SUBMITTING A COMPLAINT
If you have concerns pertaining to SportsPay’s compliance with the Code of Conduct for the Credit and Debit Card Industry, you may contact us to file a complaint through the below channels:
When submitting your complaint, please provide us with the following details, where applicable, to assist us in reviewing and responding to your complaint:
- a summary of your concerns;
- the name of the representative you were dealing with;
- the date the concern occurred
- the date that you spoke with anyone else regarding the issue;
- copies of any supporting documentation relevant to your complaint.
RESOLVING YOUR COMPLAINT
Upon contacting us, we will acknowledge receipt of your concern within five (5) business days and open an investigation.
We will provide a resolution within ninety (90) days of receiving the concern, along with:
- A summary of the concern;
- The final result of the investigation;
- Explanation of the proposed resolution; and
- Information on how to further escalate the dispute in the event of an unsatisfactory outcome.
If we cannot provide a resolution within ninety (90) days, you will be informed of the delay, reason for the delay, and the expected response time.
Please note that the information being submitted may be shared with your payment card network, acquirer, processor or financial institution in order to assist us in answering your concerns.
If your issue is still not fully resolved, you may file a complaint directly with the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC). The FCAC supervises compliance with the Code of Conduct for the Credit and Debit Card Industry in Canada. Please note that the FCAC is not a dispute-resolution agency for consumers in their individual dealings with payment card networks or acquirers.
Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC)
6th Floor, Enterprise Building
427 Laurier Ave. West
Ottawa, ON K1R 1B9
Please visit the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada’s website for more information on merchant rights under the Code of Conduct for the Credit and Debit Card Industry in Canada.